Most birders have trouble getting good pictures of Chickadees, why? because they are so quick. I am going to be giving you some tips on how to get a good picture of a chickadee. So, have a pen and paper on hand to write down these tips.
1. You are more likely to get a chickadee picture when you go out side to bird watch.
2. Supply Sunflower seeds for the chickadee to crack open, he will fly to a tree branch to open it. Which leades to a great chance in getting a picture of him.
3. If you do bird watching from indoors, set up a tripod and a bowl of sunflower seed on a porch or deck. Get ready to take a picture as soon as he lands to get a seed. Don't wait.
4. Have your camera focused and ready at anytime.
5. Study Chickadees, their behaviour. This can help.
And last but not least: 6. Have patience, this is important of all the tips given.
Have fun while taking pictures of Chickadees, they are quick, little birdies that are a joy to watch. I hope these tips will help you to get a good shot of a chickadee one day. Don't give up, it might take awhile to get one. Just enjoy. ~Whitney