Monday, March 28, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Most birders have trouble getting good pictures of Chickadees, why? because they are so quick. I am going to be giving you some tips on how to get a good picture of a chickadee. So, have a pen and paper on hand to write down these tips.
1. You are more likely to get a chickadee picture when you go out side to bird watch.
2. Supply Sunflower seeds for the chickadee to crack open, he will fly to a tree branch to open it. Which leades to a great chance in getting a picture of him.
3. If you do bird watching from indoors, set up a tripod and a bowl of sunflower seed on a porch or deck. Get ready to take a picture as soon as he lands to get a seed. Don't wait.
4. Have your camera focused and ready at anytime.
5. Study Chickadees, their behaviour. This can help.
And last but not least: 6. Have patience, this is important of all the tips given.
Have fun while taking pictures of Chickadees, they are quick, little birdies that are a joy to watch. I hope these tips will help you to get a good shot of a chickadee one day. Don't give up, it might take awhile to get one. Just enjoy. ~Whitney
Monday, March 7, 2011
This is the first time I have seen a tailless cardinal, looks just like any other cardinal but with out a tail. My mom first spotted him yesterday when he landed on the porch to eat from the food dish. And today I finally got a picture of him! I'll post another one in the photo section of this blog. ~Whitney
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Has we were walking out the door to go for a walk this afternoon, a red tailed hawk flew over head. It landed in a near by pine tree (never in my life of have I seen a red tailed hawk land in a tree in our yard) this had to be the most beautiful hawk I have ever seen! even the one I took by the pond that one day on our way home from the nature hike. I think this is even better. Anyways, when it landing in the tree I ran inside (see, I left home without my camera, shame on me) the house to get my camera. I took several photos of this beauty! I'll post some more in the photo section of this blog. This had to be about the best of them. You never know what you will see when you go for a walk. ~Whitney