Thursday, April 21, 2011

Osprey



Yesterday while sitting outside, I noticed a big hawk like bird flying over head. He was real low, and I knew that I could get a good shot. So, I raised my camera and took one picture. Today I finally loaded it on the computer and cropped it, when I did, I noticed that it looked alot like an Osprey. An Osprey? couldn't be, they live around water. There is no water where I live besides a little creek in the woods. And that's about it. So, I got some advice from some other birders. And so far, it is an Osprey. I think this is the mystery bird that I have been seeing flying around now and then. Ospreys are not in the hawk family, they are more like eagles. They eat fish. So, there is another bird on my list of birds. I'll have to keep my eye open for him. ~Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment